Saturday, May 29, 2010

Mango Mania - don't mind if I do!

I have officially died and gone to heaven...> 100 varieties of mangoes all under one roof = me roaming around Lulu squeezing & prodding & sniffing mangoes like there is no tomorrow!!! I love mangoes so much that Duma even gave me the nickname Mango once (pehaps stemming from my ability to devour them in seconds), but unfortunately it never caught on with the rest of my friends. But my mango fetish is now out in the open and I'm embracing it with both hands and an open mouth:)

So my mission for today, should I choose to accept it (which I will!), is to go to Lulu and buy more freezable containers so that I can join the mango train and start slicing & dicing those babies up for the mango shortage that will inevitably hit us hard! And when I say us, I mean me. Duma doesn't eat the things (thank the Lord, more for me).

Shoutout to my Mum - you would be so proud - I just need a bottle of Galliano to marinate them in and all will be good with the world :)
We will enjoy them with champagne on Christmas Day just as if we are home and eating yours!

Love you for all the evers Ma x

2 comments:

  1. I share the Mango Love except I didn't know how to eat them when I got to Australia. I was eating the skins because I had never actually had a mango before. I thought Damian was so sweet cause when he would cut up a mango he would give me the skins to eat and the pit to suck on. He never told me that you're not supposed to eat the skins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share the Mango Love except when I first came to Australia I didn't know how to eat them so I was eating the skins! I thought Damian was so sweet because every time he ate a mango he would give me the peels to eat and the pit to suck on. He never told me that you're not supposed to eat the skins!

    ReplyDelete