Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Brief update before an update...

We are pretty busy at the moment but all is good in our world. Thanks for asking :)
Note to self: If I get a chance over the weekend I should write about the following -

* My birthday bonanza = FAB!
The Chedi is amazing & the staff were great (thankfully it was the weekend before Cyclone Phet). My 3 hour spa treatment left me thinking I was a celebrity AND feeling as good as Thandi Newton & Ashly Judd look.
FYI - they are my favourite actresses, hands down, no cigar. I'm not gay but for them...pause.





* We have a new addition @ work and it feels like I'm back in HS. Ever seen the movie Mean Girls? Ok so you can't really compare American HS girls to working women in abayas - maybe I need to stop watching Gossip Girl because it is numbing my brain?

* I wanted to buy a juicer for summer = we bought a juicer + 32" LCD for the bedroom.
Did we need it? No.
Was it because of the World Cup? No.
Was it for the NBA finals serious? Hell Yes ;)
Boston all the way baby!


* My deferred Arabic classes.
Alas I was defeated by the Sudanese 'Master of the Gab' who kept (kindly) demanding that we all give more effort. Abdul Rahman is a lovely man.
Result? I quit, period. Khalas (see - it didn't all go to waste).

* I attended my 1st (but insha'allah not my last) Omani wedding. WOW.
I even had a friend do my eye-makeup Arabic style.


* Our fridge & freezer have been broken, which is not good when its 40+ degrees and you are trying to eat healthily. Fingers crossed it is fixed today, so I can buy carrots, celerey, fruit, ginger & mint to juice up a storm.

* Duma is off to Taipei in mid July for a basketball trip. It is well earned I can assure you!!!

* I was invited to play in a 'friendly' basketball tournament in Dubai - all costs covered - but bloody work & the different Oman/UAE weekends got in the way. Again.
#Prays to HM Sultan Qaboos# Pretty please change our weekend to Friday & Saturday. Calls back home & trips away would be SO much easier if this was the case...

And thats all for now folks, hopefully I will have some time to add more details on Thursday. Masalaama!

4 comments:

  1. Is your new juicer big enough to fit Paul Pierce and Ray Allen inside it? You could have them for breakfast .. like the Lakers are about to :)

    Lake show, baby!

    - Ross

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am eating humble pie right now Rossco :(
    Lakers deserved the win because they were consistent throughout the series, but had Ray Allen hit a 1/4 of the shots he took it would have been Boston all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely eyes wallah ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks NCP for the love. I thought she did a great job, pity the rest of my face stopped traffic for all the wrong reasons lol!

    ReplyDelete